Sunday 26 March 2017

Happy Mother's Day

Hello All

A very Happy Mother's Day to all you Mum's out there!

A very special 'Happy Mother's Day' to my Mum-I love you dearly, thank you for all you do, for being my friend and for just being you xx

I don't have a Mother's Day card for you today but one I made that was initially inspired by the stunning photo at Just Us Girls.


I loved the colours of the butterfly and actually water coloured my butterflies as closely as I could to the one in the photo. It took a while with a tiny brush but I was really happy with how it turned out. I use Windsor and Newton water colour paints and mixed a few greens and yellow to match the shades in the photo. I also picked out the tiny touches of red/pink. It seems I am enjoying water colouring at the moment-it is quite relaxing! When dry it was all covered with WOS.

My layout was inspired by the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches-loved this as soon as I saw it!

The butterflies are from Uniko and I will enter it into their Spring Challenge.

The wonderful sentiment is from CAS-ual Fridays and I will enter it into their challenge No dies Allowed


I hope all you Mum's get very spoilt today and everyone else have a fun Sunday also

xx

      

    

19 comments:

  1. Your butterflies are so pretty and I love the sentiment! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning CAS card,awesome design and color combo and the sentiment is fantastic...thank you for joining us at ATSM challenge this week,hope to see you again
    Ċ½eljka DTxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any watercolors but I do use my DI pads, gelatos and brushos as paint and yes, I find it quite relaxing too. Easier for me as I'm no marker blender expert. Fantastic layout, I'm sorry I didn't find time to give it a go. We've been outside this weekend, lovely spring weather and I'm planning for a holiday to lanzarote, I'm leaving on Friday, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous butterflies - I love your placement. Hope your Mother's Day was lovely! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is just lovely. I really like your coloring, and all that white space. It certainly does make your butterflies pop. Well done! Wonderful greeting too, I LOVE it. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandie! Your card is beautiful! I just love those butterflies and the beautiful coloring! Lovely sentiment too! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card....your butterflies are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful and airy atmosphere on your lovely card! Love the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Superb colours on the butterflies, gorgeous card. Thanks for linking up at Uniko.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is spectacular, Sandie! I love the colors of those butterflies, too!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one of my favourite butterfly images, Sandie ... and you've coloured it (well, both of them!) to perfection! Simply gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your watercolored butterflies look gorgeous. Fabulous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I still think these butterflies are one of the best stamps from Uniko and with the fresh yellow it makes it a real sunny card! Hugs, Gerrina
    (mothersday here is in may; so strange that that is different in different parts of the world...)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card has wonderful spring feel and I love to see colored in images in your blog! It adds a lot of possibilities to using colors in your card making doesn't it, so much variety! The layout is superb as you always have. I tried some watercoloring in my second kit card today and although it does not look hideous I still find watercoloring hard -I'm so used to shade with Copics and when I try to kind of do the same with watercolors, the water doesn't not say what I tell it to! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty colored bflies - great card. Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your beautiful butterflies and your post are infused with the depth of your love for your Mum! Both make my heart smile! Gorgeous and truly special...Mother's Day is in May here; I best start thinking about designing one soon, given how quickly time is flying!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  17. woow
    I love how you only choose green and yellow for your butterfly
    feel summery on your card Sandie..
    great made my friend
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  18. love those pretty butterflies - thanks for sharing your project at Addicted to Stamps and More

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card, love the sentiment you have used and the placement and colours of your Uniko butterflies is so pretty. Thanks so much for sharing and joining in on the Uniko Challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

//