Friday 12 May 2017

Commencement!

Hi There,

I have to admit that I didn't know that in America the ceremony for giving out diplomas etc was called a Commencement! So I decided to look up the other definitions for this word and decided to go with the 'start of something', 'the beginning' 'the birth'. And ping, I had a light bulb moment! 

What better beginning is there than the birth of Jesus.



I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches for my layout.

Super CAS using Winnie and Walter nativity stamp and a sentiment from Verve. I used the gold to draw the card together.

Must run!

   



9 comments:

  1. I didn't know that either Sandie! I also had to look it up!
    LOVE your take on the cue card. Beautifully CAS
    Thanks for joining CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well there you go! Love your creative take on the inspiration word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it's funny, I had no idea what that word meant either! Good that you looked it up! I love your use of gold ink. I bought this ink at the crafting event where I went but haven't used it yet. Will do soon! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I often have to look up definitions of words too. English isn't my native language, and I often find I learn new words with these word challenges, an added bonus! But I bet I'd need to look up words in Norwegian as well for clues. This is a great cue word for getting on with the Christmas cards, and I like the stamp you've used for baby Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Sandy, and I like that you went in a non-graduation direction. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superbly CAS, Sandie, and a great take on the cue also! Love that touch of gold too. SO glad to see you at CASology this week! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was in the same position; that word just never crossed my path... A great way to tackle this challenge! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your take on the cue word, Sandie! This is such a sweet design...a perfect Christmas card!
    Thanks so much for joining us again over at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect, Sandie ... what more can I say! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

//