Thursday 25 April 2013

CAS-Colour and Skeches #22

Its a sketch challenge this week at CAS-Colour and Sketches.
And this is the sketch we have to inspire you:

 

I played around with this for ages and tried out lots of ideas with banners but didn't like any of them. I just couldn't get it CAS enough for me. Then I decided to leave it for a few days and see if any ideas popped into my head. And when looking through some of my stash I came across a digi sentiment I had printed out ages ago and knew this what I wanted to use for this challenge. I have flipped the sketch and really made a 'CAS' version by using score lines and gems to represent the banners. See what you think?


The sentiment is mounted on card that I have stamped using bubble wrap. This idea came from a tutorial that Mynnette posted a few weeks ago. This is such fun to do and gives great texture to your cards. If you want to give it a go, watch the tutorial here and then have some inky fun.
Our DT again have designed some fabulous cards so pop over to our blog here and be inspired!
Then get stamping, I can't wait to see what you make x

11 comments:

  1. I love that bubble wrap technique too! Your interpretation of the sketch is brilliant and I love that sentiment!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is fabulous...way to stretch the sketch...the touch of gems is perfect. Love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Sandie - love how you always make the sketches your own, great use of bling too - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I REALLY like the sentiment you've used for this card, as well as the colors and layout. In my opinion this is a wonderful design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Love the colors of the bubble wrap layer; cool interpretation of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How clever you were in using the sketch--lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!
    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/04/52-card-pickup-217.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love bubblewrap stamping and it looks fab on your card. You always do a great take on the sketch.

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Agree whole-heartedly with that sentiment! Great card, my friend.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this sentiment and the colors you've used! The background technique sounds interesting. I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this Sandie, the bubble wrap background looks great.
    Marina

    ReplyDelete

//