Monday 22 April 2013

CAS Flowers.

Today I have a card for you that was inspired by the picture on a box of tissues! I realise I should have taken a photo of this now but as soon as I made the card I threw my inspiration in the bin! I had been meaning for ages to make a card inspired by this tissue box but just hadn't got around to it. But then I was motivated to do this when I saw today that I won the challenge at For Your Inspiration with this card. I was so pleased because this was sent to a friend who needed a bit of cheering up, plus it was using blending distress inks-which I have been trying out recently (with varied success!!).
So this little boost gave me the motivation I needed to give this another go. This time I tried a more subtle approach. And here is what I came up with:



I stamped the flowers then heat embossed the white blossom. I then re-stamped the flowers in distress 'milled lavender' ink to give a faded look and used this same ink to sponge around the flowers.
I actually was really pleased with how this turned out and as I have a lot of Birthdays coming up this will be very useful!

The code word at Addicted to CAS this week is 'flower' so I am entering my card into this challenge and the 'Birthday' challenge at CAS-ual Fridays

12 comments:

  1. Sandie! Holy moly is this absolutely gorgeous! I adore the inking. It is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Thank you so much for visiting my blog today, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is gorgeous - I love the depth of color you achieved with the embossing and inking! Thank you for playing with us at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really beautiful, Sandie. LOVE your embossing. Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS and good luck with the DT call xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning Sandie. I love the colours and how they are blended together. Beautiful work. Love the image too! Meg

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty! I love the colors! Great design! Thanks so much for playing along with the CAS-ual Fridays challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW - this is so pretty, Sandie! I'm no good at playing with inks this way - I'd better increase my selection of inks and mists, 'cause I love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really beautiful card, I love the sponging and the flowers in the corner, simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! The blossoms look amazing embossed in white on that lovely inky pinky background. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such detail in those blooms! I love the shadow look and the white embossing is great. I always have a difficult time finding the perfect use for heat embossing, but you nailed it!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh... I love this card! Wonderful colours, the heat embossing really makes the flowers pop out and the tone-on-tone stamping is such a beautiful detail... Thank you for playing with us at Addicted to CAS and good luck with the DT call!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous!!!! Love the blending of those gorgeous colours. Yummm!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

//