Tuesday 30 April 2013

Finally!

Today I am feeling a little bit pleased with myself as I have finally used my PTI square print set and embossing folder. This is the first time I have inked these up and actually liked what I have made! I have tried a number of times to make cards using this set but just didn't like the results. I thought they would be going into a stash swap BUT not now! I made this card and loved how it turned out, so expect to see these more often now!
I was inspired to use these when I saw Tracey's card here. Tracey is on the DT for Colour Q and this was her card for this week. I loved the graphic look of her card and immediately thought I would give my square stamp set another go. I used this weeks colours at Colour Q and the sketch from CAS on Sunday.
And this is what I came up with:



I love the texture this embossing plate gives and think it really compliments this stamp set. Hope you do too!

Happy Stamping x


                            

8 comments:

  1. So glad you hung onto it and kept trying! Love how the embossing draws out the stamped images. Fab'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Sandie! I love how you used your square stamps and the colours are so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this graphic look of your card, Sandie! Great embossed white base and some pop of colors from the stamped squares - quite a cool combination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card, Sandie, fun stamp, love the embossed background! thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the graphic design on your card...your perseverance paid off! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A super CAS card and I love the embossing

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful texture...you lined up those squares so well!! thanks so much for joining us at the colourq this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. I especially love the embossing. Isn't that colour combo lovely?!
    xxx Asha

    ReplyDelete

//