Thursday 19 December 2013

And now for something completely different!

Happy Friday Eve,

Last night I decided I would give the emboss resist technique a go. I wanted to case this card that my very talented friend Nonni made a few weeks ago. I have used stamps from Stamplorations and Paper Smooches to come up with, a very unlike me, card! 


I couldn't get a good photo of the emboss resist effect as today the light was impossible but I wanted to share it with you! I used lavender distress ink once I had heat embossed and I even tied a bow.......goodness I was being a bit wild for me! The panel does look pretty IRL and the extra shine is quite special (shame it doesn't show up here!)
I got myself in a real mess making this-clear embossing powder all over me and the carpet and I even burnt a tiny section of carpet when I was heat embossing-good job Hubby is not too observant and doesn't read my blog!!
I am going to enter this into the following challenges:
4 Crafty Chicks-distress

That is me for today. Hope you are all having a fun time getting ready for next week!
xx



8 comments:

  1. Love these stamped feathers! I've been searching for feather stamps - actual rubber stamps - and in the Norwegian stores I've found zip.
    Love your design, Sandie - and Nonni's too - I went over to have a look at her card as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colours, Sandie ... I love pink and black ... this is so classic and delicious ... and what an amazing bow! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job on this card and welcome to the 'i burnt a piece of my house club' ( I burnt a piece of my couch with my heat tool!

    Thanks for joining our distressed challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks this week and hope to see you again!
    Tammy GDT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wild card indeed for you, Sandie! And you did one with a bow -- and goodness, it's gorgeous! I don't know how ya'll ladies manage to use ribbons and bows in your cards and they all look awesome. I tried doing it last night on a card and scrapped it because my bow was just downright awful! Anyway, glad you finally tried the emboss resist -- I just love that technique. Hopefully you won't burn the carpet on your future embossing attempts -- the first time I used my heat tool for embossing, I melted the acetate I had placed my card on ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did I land on the right blog?! I love how retro the emboss resist looks...very, very cool effect! We won't talk about what the carpet in my craft room looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really cute!! The emboss resist is so pretty!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO beautiful! I love the unusual combo of stamps and the colors look great. Also, what an amazing bow! You should tie bows more since you make them look so pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fab colour combo. This is such a classy card. Hope you had a peaceful Christmas. I'm playing catch up with my visits. :-)
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete

//