Sunday 1 December 2013

More Shopping to be done!

24 sleeps until Christmas day! Time to hit the shops.

My card today was inspired by the 'shop' challenge at Casology. I had the idea for this card in my head but I really struggled actually turning that idea into a card. And although I am sharing this with you today, I am not really very happy with the end result. However I decided to blog it as it took me so long to make! It was one of those cards that you know what you want to do but everything you try doesn't work! I couldn't even get a straight photo!! It is a fun card though so here goes:




I am also going to enter this into the the following challenges:
Inky Impressions-presents and gifts
Casology-shop

Enjoy the first day of December x


9 comments:

  1. Oh I think it is adorable...I wish I was out shopping carrying around all those bags! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Santa hat! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Sandie and so much fun, looks great too me and I like the photo at an able !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun sentiment...and I love the partial coloring of the image! (Sweet hat, too!) Thanks for playing along at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, do I recognize this scenario!! Actually, it seems like all the cards I'm the least happy with are those I made with a clear idea of a design in mind before I got started. But I have to disagree with you regarding the outcome of this card - I really like it! The Santa's hat is such a fun detail and I like how you only added color to shopping bags of this image. It's a really nice idea of a design - I might have to borow this idea for one of my future cards:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable, and I love the little nick, how you fussy cut the arm and the twine. all the little details are so great!! LOVE 'em!

    Thanks so much for adding this WONDERFUL lovely to the CASology Gallery and joining us in the FUN this week!

    --Love BOTH cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, Sandie! I think it's very good, you are being too hard on yourself! The pops of colors look great and the layout is very fun -and of course the hat! It's the best! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not happy with the outcome??? You've had way too much mulled wine, my friend! This card is perfect - cute hat, just the right touch of colour and shopping - what's there not to like!
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, Sandie, you are just too darn hard on yourself and your card! It is the funnest image and design! She looks so delighted with herself, knowing she will be playing Santa to lots of people with those bags of gifts she's bought for them! It tells a whole adorable story! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

//