Thursday 4 April 2013

Another one layer card!

Happy Friday Eve,

This week I am still recovering from my time in hospital and have not felt like doing much but this has given me an opportunity to do some crafting and get my mojo back in gear. I will be returning to my DT work in a few weeks so have been making a few cards for that plus having a play along with a couple of challenges.

Today I had another go at blending and masking distress inks to make a one layer card. Two techniques which scare me but I have been giving it a go!
I was inspired to do this when I saw this weeks challenge photo at For Your Inspiration. Isn't the sky just the most amazing colours. And Karen's DT card here gave me the idea to base my card on these colours.


Also my plan had been to make a card today for the 'threesome' challenge Ardyth set for us this week at One Layer Wednesday. Here I used 3 stamped flowers and 3 colours-distress ink in 'broken china' and 'milled lavendar' for the masking and blending, and memento 'sweet plum' ink for the flowers.  So the inspiration I got from these challenges resulted in this:


The sentiment says 'sweet friend', a little easier to see IRL! I combined 2 different sentiments to make this. I have scored two lines either side of the masking which does look really nice but didn't show up so well in the photo. The fact it is snowing outside today didn't help much when taking the photo! But I have to say what I love most about this card is my blending, I really tried to make it have a splash of blue like the sky in the photo and was surprised it worked!

Happy Stamping x

14 comments:

  1. Sandie this is a great take on both challenges. I think your blending looks wonderful. So glad you joined us at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really fun - this OLW card is packed full of technique - masking, blending, sponging and the result is so pretty - a great take on your inspiration photo! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Sandie, and really pretty colours

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card Sandie! I love the sponging! You're braver than me! one-layer cards scare me too - that's why my card is a panel on top of the card base, lol! Thanks for playing along with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful inspired card! Thanks for joining in with FYI~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colors and composition! Love the interpretation of the photo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely colours, fab sponging Lindsey x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully blended, Sandie. Stunning, my friend! Your mojo is ell and truly back, I'd say!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the airbrush effect, Sandie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to see you are feeling well enough to get in some play time, Sandie! :) This is absolutely gorgeous! LOVE the fabulous CAS feel and the beautiful coloring! Thanks for joining us at FYI! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, beautiful ink blending, and great CAS layout.
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, Sandie! I love your blending, so pretty! Thanks for joining us at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOWSERS!!! Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at FYI!

    ReplyDelete

//