Monday 8 April 2013

Chevrons and Flowers.

Today my card is for two challenges. One I have played along with many times, CAS-ual Fridays (flowers and chevrons) and one brand new challenge Fusion Card Challenge. With this new challenge you can choose either the sketch or the photo to inspire you or you can create FUSION by combining the two.
I decided to go with FUSION for my first go and here is the sketch and the photo:


To be honest I thought I was going to give this week a miss as my ideas weren't working. Then this morning I   was reading Susan's post and her cards and ideas on using stash gave me an idea and off I went!  Susan was urging us to use our stash and had made some cards using brads-you can check them out here. So I decided to hunt out some brads that haven't been used for months and see what I could make and then I remembered the Fusion challenge....could I make a chevron pattern using the brads and bakers twine........what do you think??


I was quite pleased with this and actually all of this is from my stash.

I like this Fusion challenge as it seems like it will be run like the Muse Club where the participants get to vote on each others card. I have had such fun with the Muse club as you get to visit other crafters blog and get to see some fabulous creations and meet new people who without this challenge I may never have come across. And I am guessing this new challenge will do the same.

And as my card is flowers and chevrons and is pretty CAS I thought it was perfect for this week's challenge at CAS-ual Fridays.

Have a great week x

14 comments:

  1. Eeep! What a fabulous use--fun and on trend,too!--of the brads and baker's twine!!!! Love the colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Sandie! The brads are a nice touch. I think Susan may start a revival, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't you clever, making your own chevrons with brads and twine!

    Thanks for playing along with our first experiment at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree it's clever how you used the brads to anchor the bakers twine. So HAPPY that you joined us in our very first Fusion challenge Sandie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So simple, so beautiful! These kind of cards are the trickiest to make, but you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandie, I love your colour combo, and inspired use of brads and twine....simply genius!!

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  7. woohoo! what a great way to use your brads...and you rocked both challenges. This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clever way you made that chevron Sandie...love this card. Great colour combo too.
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea with your brads Sandie. Thank you so much for joining us at the first Fusion Hypothesis!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your baker's twine chevrons Sandie!
    So glad you joined in the fun of the first FUSION challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a brilliant use of brads to create the chevrons! Love the deep purple...so very...YOU! hope you're well, my friend.

    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aren't you clever...I love the twine and brads! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Twine and brads - so creative, your flower is lovely, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How pretty! Love how you created your chevron, so clever!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete

//