Monday 29 April 2013

My News and Inspired by Retro!

Good Morning and welcome to a new week,

I have been waiting to tell you my new exciting news........I have been chosen to be on the Design Team at Addicted to Stamps and More. I applied a few weeks ago and didn't expect to be chosen but was over the moon when Kylie contacted me and said I had been successful. I love this challenge site and am honoured to be joining the team. If you are not aware of this challenge take a peek here and join in the fun. I will be starting on the 8th May so keep your eyes open for my post!

Today my card was inspired by the sketch at Retro Sketches and the photo at Inspired By.

                            


The sketch was so CAS I loved it and I was immediately drawn to the chalk board and writing in the photo. I was a teacher many moons ago and this photo did bring a few memories back for me! With all this inspiration spinning in my mind I ended up creating this:

The card was actually in my stash from when I first got my script embossing folder and had been trying it out! The retro typewriter stamp is new though and has been stamped in memento 'London fog' ink.
I will also enter this into the 'script' challenge at Craft-room Challenge

That's me for today, have a good one!

6 comments:

  1. Woohoo! So happy for you new DT spot! Very well deserved Sandie!

    Your card is stunning. I love the texture that the embossing adds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is CAS and wonderful! Love the embossing! Congrats on the DT! Thanks for playing at Inspired By.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this beautiful card at Craft-Room "So Sentimental" Challenge, good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, London Fog is a smashing understated colour to work with subtle and very stylish here. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your new DT post, Sandie! I love your use of the embossing folder with script on this card - what a great idea to team it up with your new, fabulous typewriter stamp! Great clean look, equally perfect for a man or a woman - I like that about a card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Excellent news. I'm so so happy for you, my sweet friend!!! Kylie is lucky to have you on her team.
    BTW, love this card...so classy!
    xxx Asha

    ReplyDelete

//