Wednesday 10 April 2013

Time for Summer?


We are still waiting for Spring in London so today my card is to cheer us up and to look forward to some much needed sun!

The idea for this card came from the photo challenge this week at Addicted to Stamps and More and the 'travel' code word at Casology Doesn't this photo make you dream of the Summer and travelling for your hols???

At first I was going to do a 'drink' inspired card until I saw Kylie's card here and I loved her idea of flip flops so went in that direction instead. I remembered by cousin Lynn sent me this flip flop card and decided this would be perfect to case. And here is my version:


The twine is meant to represent the straw hat in the photo. And the wood in the middle is to represent the deckchair. This wood is actually a kebab stick cut up to fit the size of the card!!

Oh come on Summer, hurry up! Until then we have our dreams.
Happy Stamping my friends x






15 comments:

  1. Clever use of texture for a clean design! I also think you've picked a perfect color for the background to make a sandy beach for your flip flops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to summer hurrying up to get here. Love this CASE!!! The touch of scoring is perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I love your thongs!!! Hehehe. I am so happy that I was able to inspire you to use them. I love the texture you have used and the way you interpreted the photo!! Great CAS card. Thanks so much for playing aling at ATSM!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the texture you added to your card with the string and wood. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish...it's been raining here since August 2012! But your card evokes every lazy aspect of summer...especially the jute and kebabs stick!
    xxx Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. The snow is coming down like CRAZY here in Toronto. Yuck! But your card is warming and uplifting and a wonderful reminder that the weather will improve soon. It will, won't it?! lol! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandie, a lovely CAS card that exudes warmth and texture

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandie. Fabulous take on this weeks challenge. Brilliant card. Love your ideas behind the design of your card. Very clever.
    Have a great weekend.
    Florence x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops sorry! Thank you for playing along with the ATS&M Challenge again this week.
      F x

      Delete
  9. Oh Sandie I can't wait for flip flop season. Fabulous. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes, roll on summer! Love the little flip flop scene, Sandie, the background elements are just like driftwood and boat ropes on a warm secluded beach! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect CAS card and great interpretation of our photo, love the texture! Thanks for playing along at ATSM and good luck with the DT call.
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hurry up Summer is right :) I can't wait to pull out my flip flops. This layout is perfect and I love accents you added too. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really sweet Sandie! Love the wood and the string and the representation!

    I'd love it if you'd come follow me on my new blog where I post almost every day now!
    www.creatinandstampin.blogspot.co.uk
    Hugs,
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your creative touch on this photo challenge and AMEN to being able to wear open toed shoes soon. Thanks so much for joining us this week at ATS&M!

    ReplyDelete

//