Wednesday 3 April 2013

One layer only!

Hello my friends,

Today I had a go at making a one layer card using some masking and inking. I was inspired to do this when I saw Jan's card here at this weeks Make My Monday challenge. I loved her distress inking and decided to give it a go. I am a little afraid of this and was unsure it would turn out o.k. I used 'broken china' distress ink,blending tool and post its to mask off the strip and I am actually quite pleased how it turned out. I loved the inspiration picture this week at paper smooches sparks so decided to go with butterflies, plus to me, the prominent colour in the photo is blue. I have used one of my much inked paper smooches sentiment. And here we go:


And as my butterflies are flying up and up I am going to enter this into the Casology 'up' challenge. And at Addicted to stamps and more the challenge is CAS, so naturally I have to enter!!

Here is Jan's card

                            

Have a great day x

16 comments:

  1. gorgeous card Sandie....I absolutely love the masking. It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely CAS card - the butterflies are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the butterflies flying up over your card! (and the feathers drifting down, but that's a whole other cue card! lol!) Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous CASE and coloring, Sandie! SO glad you are getting some time to craft! HUGS to you--Thanks for joining us at MMM! :) Hope to have you back full time on your blog here ASAP! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandie. Fabulous one-layer card!!! So much dimension!! Love the masked and sponged area ... and your gorgeous butterflies. Thanks so much for joining us at Addicted to Stamps & More!! Loll :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The masking is stunning, it makes your images really pop. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent masking, the butterflies are fabulous. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your inking and stamping looks perfect, and it's such a great design for a one layer card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous masking and I love those decorative butterflies. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I super CAS card Sandie

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect bit of stamping, my friend!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. How creative to use post-it notes to mask off the strip. Great job on the one-layer, and that blue against white really pops! Glad to see you crafting again!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What an honour, Sandie - you did a fantastic job of the masking, inking and stamping and I love the blue, hun. Thanx for joining us at Make My Monday.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really beautiful card.
    Thanks for sharing your creation with us at the MMM CAS One Layer challenge and hope to see you again.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  15. BEAUTIFUL card! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with the Trend Watch: Butterflies Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge last week! Hope you visit the blog and try our sketch this week:) <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful Sandie! I love the way the butterflies seem to move off the card - its really lovely. I like the new look of your blog too. thanks for joining us this week at ATS&M.

    ReplyDelete

//