Saturday 8 February 2014

Warm Thoughts

I hope you are all having a fun Saturday and getting in some crafty time.
Here is my Saturday card:



This card was inspired by a few challenges. First up, the 'monochromatic pink' challenge at The Card Concept caught my eye especially as I had finally got some baby pink ink. Last week I entered this challenge and made a clean and layered card but this week I really wanted to make a CAS card. So this was my starting point. I then saw the sketch as CAS(E) this Sketch and loved it, so this gave me my layout. I wanted to try some masking off and sponging to create the layout. I can't remember the last time I used this technique so it was fun to give it a go again. And finally I decided to repeat stamp the flower in the same ink on the sponged area and use the bright pink for some definition. This meant that it as suitable for the one layer 'repeat that' challenge at One Layer Simplicity Challenge. A mix of pink sequins, enamel dots and rounded edges finished off my card. And at Less is More it is 'One Layer' and anything goes, so I will enter this card into this challenge also.

Have a great day xx

27 comments:

  1. Sandie, tomorrow with me my crafty day...basketball, show choir and a party at a neighbors is on deck today! Love your masking and layered stamping. CAS beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply lovely, Sandie ... those different layers of pink are so delicious ... CAS and gorgeous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome sponging and tone-on-tone stamping, Sandie! Love how the darker pink flowers went outside your sponged area. CAS love! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandie this is so lovely, Excellent masking. Thank you for joining us at the Card Concept

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really beautiful, Sandie - I love the tone-on - tone stamping with some of the roses repeated in the brighter color outside your "box"! Have a great weekend, Cornelia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done Sandi! I've come from Card Concepts (my first time entering) and you're card is an inspiration to me. I'm NOT a CAS style person but am having fun trying! Thanks!
    Darlene
    DAR'S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I love this! I know I said this about your Thursday's card but this now my NEW favorite Sandie card -you are on a roll! Very inspiring cards here lately. :) The tone-on-tone stamping looks lovely and I love the added flowers in darker color -I can see some CASEing happening in near future! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Sandie, love the masked background and the pretty pinks, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card and stunning colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea to use the same stamp for the background and the main image!
    Super job!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gathering inspiration and memorizing this technique! Love it being simple and yet so effective!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pink?! It suits you...I have to say this is a stunning creation, my friend. Well done.
    hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the way you have the pale pink flower filling your background then the darker ones overlapping the masked area.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sandie, this is such a pretty card and love all of the shades of pink they work so beautifully together.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty card, Sandie x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the overlap with the dark pink flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super sweet. Masking is one of my favorite techniques to do. So glad you joined us this week at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So sweet & pretty! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pretty in Pink card Sandie :) Congrats on covering off so many challenges with this beauty! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the roses coming out of the paler pink 'box', Sandie. So sweet!

    Thanks so much for leaving love at my place recently, and Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sa-weet masking technique. Love the shades of pink that you used...especially the vibrant fuschia color! Stunning simplicity and design! Thanks for sharing your card with us this week at the Card Concept Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow - this card is so beautiful! You have such a gorgeous clean and simple style! thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is really great love those roses.

    ReplyDelete

//