Wednesday 19 February 2014

Lets Dance!


Happy Wednesday my friends. 

My card for today is for my MIL's partner who loves to ballroom dance. They have lessons a few times a week and will often spend Saturday nights at a dance. It is his Birthday soon and I have been a bit stuck on creating a card for him as I remember him telling me that cards for men always seem to have boats, fishing or planes on them and he didn't like them.

Luckily a few challenges came to my rescue. CASology's code word this week is 'Jump' and this directed my thoughts to dancing-there is a lot of jumping needed to get into those holds..think Dirty Dancing!! The 'Masculine' challenges at CAS on Sunday and Less is More focused my thoughts to make it CAS (as if I needed a prompt to do this!!). So I had an idea and now just needed to choose my stamps (Papertrey Ink) and a layout-this is where the sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch helped me out.



It is hard to see from the photo but the sentiment is popped up on foam pads. I hope a dance themed cards will meet his approval!!

Edited to add-I am entering this into a new challenge I just came across-Cardz 4 Guyz and this week the challenge is CAS!

Before I go I wanted to remind you that there is still time to enter our DT call at Time Out Challenges. You have until midnight GMT tomorrow to enter!

Have a fun day and if you get chance to take some TIME OUT to craft why not enter our DT call at Time Out

                 



22 comments:

  1. Hi Sandie, very clever take on the challenge, I'm sure the recipient will love it, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE those dance steps, Sandie. He is going to love this card! Perfect for these challenges, too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope he likes this perfect card... Great how you mixed these challenges together! As you will see I´ve entered the Time out DTcall... Wish you a fun day, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is always reason to dance. I'm sure he's going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandie the perfect stamp set for this week!! Thank you so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool original design! Clever take on the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this, what a cool card and brilliant idea
    Thanks for joining Less is More's masculine challenge this week
    Anne
    Guest "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous idea, Sandie ... and such a great masculine card ... he's sure to love it! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome take on all the challenges, Sandie, and it certainly beats all those boat/fishing/airplane/golf cards out there!! :) Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabby card, Sandie....and an unusual stamp. I think the "young" man will love it!
    xxx Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, so fun! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. now that's called a genius, Love ur card :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. One AWESOME design for both challenges, Sandie! I love your "dance moves"!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is brilliant Sandie!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a FUN design :) love that feet dancing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sure he will love this! Looks like it was fun to stamp this and plan the steps. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your masculine card!
    Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday!
    Mariken xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great card Sandie, I know what your MIL partner means about men's cards. Glad you found us over at Cardz4Guyz and joined in with our latest challenge. Hope to see you back again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sandie, how very clever! It is true, dancing nowadays can involve lots of jumps (especially if you watch "Dancing with the Stars" on TV!). Great masculine card, nice CAS design. Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pleased you have found us at Cardz 4 Guyz, hope we see you visit us again. I adore your dancing card, I'm sure the gentleman will be wowed with this card. thanks for sharing with us. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a different card for a man - just perfect. Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Guyz this week x

    ReplyDelete

//