Monday 16 April 2012

April Showers bring May Flowers

Well another week is here. This week in England we are going to be having a week of April showers.

As we are on a hosepipe ban and facing a drought some will be pleased that the rain is here. I guess it will help those May Flowers to bloom! However I can't say I am looking forward to it and to cheer the week along I decided to make the May header for my calendar. And here is it.......plenty of May flowers!!


The sentiment is from Bird cards and the flower paper and die cut is from my stash-they came from a box of goodies my cousin Lynn sent over from the US (sorry not sure where they are from).
If those April showers creep into May then this cheerful and bright calendar will help me get through (although for 2 weeks of May I will be in the sun on hols in Cyprus....yippee!!)

I followed the Fussy and Fancy sketch for this week and also I will enter it into the 'April Showers bring May Flowers' challenges at Simon says stamps and Paper Creations Ink

Remember your umbrellas this week!!

6 comments:

  1. This is absolutely adorable, Sandie! I'm so glad to see you playing along at Paper Creations Ink and I hope to see your fabulous work again in their next challenge.
    NanaConnie GDT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandie,
    This is a very nice and cheery calendar front! Good luck w/ the rest of it! Rain is good, the flowers, plants, and trees need it :) I wish it would rain here in Florida because it's very hot already and the grass is dieing. So I'm praying for the rain LOL! Thank you for playing at Paper Creations Ink's challenge #23!
    Peace,
    Kristy
    (PCI DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sandi... Blogger must be messing up again, as we have our join this site (Our Creative Friends) on the sidebar! I know that others have had the same problem on and off! Blogger seems to want to make that gadget disappear! Just keep watching for it and I will make sure that you are in the running for the prize and the Spotlighted positions since you contacted me! I hope you have a wonderful week! Hugs... Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thi will certainly cheer up our miserable rainy days and have a great holiday - Cyprus is one of my favourite places :-)

    Thanks for joining our sketch challenge over at Fussy and Fancy and good luck!

    xx Happy crafting and glittery hugs xx

    Sazzle

    http://sazzlecraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super creative, love it... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card for PCI's "April Showers bring May Flowers" challenge! Beautiful flowers and sentiment! Thanks for sharing it with us at Paper Creations Ink!

    ReplyDelete

//