Tuesday 17 April 2012

U Rock Hubby!

Tomorrow is my husband Callum's Birthday.......he is my toyboy.....well 2 years younger than me!

He may well be hitting his mid 40's but he still thinks he is young enough to hit the live music festivals! I have been to Glastonbury and the 'V' festival with him once and, once was all I needed!! I loved the festivals but camping and using outdoor loos is not my idea of a weekend of fun. So since then he has gone to the festivals with his friend. Last year they missed a year so this year I thought I would buy him tickets to go to 'Lovebox' and music festival that just happens to be near us. I looked at the line up and not knowing who any of the bands were I just went for 2 Saturday tickets. I' m just hoping that I have chosen the right day......my finances couldn't stretch to 2 weekend tickets-they sure do charge you enough to pitch a tent in mud!

As I booked the tickets online I decided to make a 'mock-up' ticket and slot it into my own hand-made pocket card. I got this idea when I saw the challenge this week at paper makeup stamps.



I made the pocket card simply out of Kraft card stock and stuck 3 edges together so I could just slip my handmade 'mock-up' ticket in, with the top part showing. I kept to the theme and used a digi image form Create with TLC (it says-U ROCK-if you can't see it). I layered the image onto vintage music sheet paper and added some jute twine. The earth tones are my link to the fact that the festival is outside and is likely to be muddy! Earth tones is the challenge this week at Dream Valley Challenges. I will also enter this into the 'our boys and their toys' challenge at our creative corner

I made Callum's card a while ago and did post it but just as a reminder as it does follow the same theme...........and yes Callum really is my rock! So a very Happy Birthday to my very own rocker toyboy!!

10 comments:

  1. Happy, happy birthday to Callum! He's one day before Neal...he's on the 19th! Your card is perfection for him with the ticket! I love it. Remind me to tell you my "camping" story! I'm not a camper either...laughed out loud when I read your comments...we are definitely related!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandie,
    I'm glad you could play along with our pocket card challenge this week at Paper Makeup Stamps' Digi Makeover Challenge :) Your husband is one lucky fellow to get a card like this. It's fab how everything goes together perfectly on your card.
    Eret xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sandie
    Well I am loving your Pocket card, and your design is masculine and earthy, the music paper looks like corrugated cardboard, and the twine just perfect. Thank you so very much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner, you have 'rocked' this Challenge!
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pocket card and the colours are perfect for our earth tones challenge at Dream Valley. Thanks for joining us.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love the use of twine on this. Thanks for playing at PMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and I really enjoyed reading your post too xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice tribute to your husband. I love seeing cards made with a particular purpose for a particular person. :) He loved receiving it, I'm sure! Great idea to create a pocket card to hold his music ticket gift. So glad you joined the Digi Makeover Challenge at Paper Makeup Stamps this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...this card is cool! Love the beautiful background and guitar image. Thank you for joining the challenge at Our Creative Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great masculine cards...I hope you'll link up again this week at 52 Card Pickup!!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/04/52-card-pickup-week-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab pocket card and thanks for sharing with us at Dream Valley

    ReplyDelete

//