Monday 2 April 2012

For my Dad

Today my card is my Dad's Birthday card:


 Here is a close up of the sentiment:


I saw this sentiment on bluebirdsflats blog and thought it was perfect as both my Dad and my husband were born in April-2 of the most important people to me. I have already made Callum his card so I decided to use this for Dad. And as the sentiment says, Dad really is the best-always there when I need him to give me a boost, a supporting hand and a whole lot of love! I hope this card can go some way to showing him what he means to me.

I embossed the black card stock and used a woodware punch for the sentiment. Added some bakers twine and a few black gems. I wanted to keep it CAS, especially after making all those frilly Easter cards!!

I will be entering this into the Play Date Cafe colour challenge of 'Black, white with a splash of brown'. This really was a challenge for me as brown and black just don't seem right to me but my little brown button solved that for me-plus I inked up the edge of the sentiment with Tim Holtz 'burnt corduroy' for a little more brown.

I will also enter this into the following challenges:

Annabelle stamps -a sketch challenge
Lexis creation -focus on the sentiment
craftyribbonschallenge. Black, white and one other colour

Enjoy your week x

12 comments:

  1. Hello Sandie. I love the embossing on your card, its a very effective background, and really shows up that fabulous sentiment.
    Thanks for taking part at Lexi's Creations and good luck.
    Love Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous project. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun text - except I was not born in April and I always thought I was among the best...

    Anyway, like your card and appreciate your participation at Crafty Ribbons Challenge this fortnight!

    La Vikinga

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic masculine card, and such a totally fun sentiment!
    Thanks for sharing with us at AnnaBelle Stamps this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adore your masculine card! My daughter's b-day is in April! Your Dad is going to absolutely LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sentiment on your card...I'm sure your dad will LOVE it! Pat would agree with it too...his birthday is Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that sentiment! You've created a perfectly manly card. Thank you so much for giving the splash a go at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your dad will love the strong, masculine lines of this CAS card. Love that button!

    Thanks so much for playing with us at THe Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply amazing!Thanks so much for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, fab idea for a blokes card too. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Ribbons this time.
    Hugs
    Dawn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely sentiment here (I would say the best people are born in March but that's just me, haha!) ;)

    Thanks for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card, perfect for a guy!
    TFS with us this week :)
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete

//