Monday 30 April 2012

Friends

Happy Monday,

Yesterday I went to the Wedding of a very dear friend, Phaedra. It was a great day. The service was Greek Orthodox (Phaedra's family is from Cyprus) and was steeped in tradition and a joy to be part of. The reception was a Caribbean family supper (Andrew's family is from Jamaica)-so full of spice and colourful foods!

Here is the happy couple with Phaedra's Mum and Dad:

In Greek weddings you pin money onto the happy couple in place of gifts-a great idea and a lot of fun. Here is Pheds full of money!

And now for today's card-I have been following the challenges on Retro Sketches for a few weeks but this week is the first time I have had a go at the challenge. I liked the sketch and saw it as another chance to use my new stamps from Papertrey-the garden of life.


I stamped the sentiment first then stamped the flowers. I used my new corner punch on the edges, added a few gems and inked the edges. This is my first, if basic, attempt at layering stamps. I like it and hope you do too!

I will also enter it into the 'Lots of Flowers' monthly challenge at great impressions stamps.



4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing about the wedding. What interesting traditions! Pretty card and your color choices are fabulous! Thanks for playing with us at Great Impressions Stamps Sandie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wedding looks like it was gorgeous! Loved the pics...where are you and Callum :)?

    And...you take on the Retro Sketch is awesome! So happy your using the new stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE card Sandie! Great wedding photos! So glad you played RetroSketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pop of those colors! So glad you could join us at Great Impressions Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

//