Tuesday 24 April 2012

New Colour Combo

The Runway Inspired photo below inspired a new colour combo for me-Black and Orange. I saw this photo and it was these colours that hit me combined with the way these colours show off the long, lean shape of the models arm and legs:



So the orange/black combo with the lean effect inspired me to make this Birthday card:

I have used this digi image from mygrafico before and printed quite a few so you will be seeing it again!

I layered orange on black ribbon and added little orange gems on black buttons to really show off this striking colour combo.
The layout I used is from the sketch challenge this week at My Time Made Easy.

I will also enter this into the 'Birthday Challenge' at Celebrate the Occasion  

7 comments:

  1. Love the orange and black along with the beautiful silhouette, really great card! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Happy Birthday (must use ribbon) challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love the cut you used and color scheme. Thanks for playing at CTO! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great birthday card - I hope you'll link up again this week at 52 Card Pickup!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/04/52-card-pickup-week-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the image on your card...and also the fun accents along the top. So glad you could join us at the Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this bold and graphic card for the runway challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card!
    Love the bold colors and the geometric design!!!
    Thanks for playing with CTO.

    ReplyDelete

//