Sunday 29 April 2012

More New Toys!

This week my cousin Lynn from America came to stay. We have not seen each other for years but over the last year have re-connected through our love of crafts. Lynn is the one who encouraged me to start a blog and is always on hand to guide me when I need help in the crafting and blogging world! She came over with a bag of goodies for me-so I now have lots of new crafting toys to play with.
Whilst Lynn was here we went shopping for shoes and handbags and her creative skills shone through even when shopping-it is her who spotted the most divine shoes and handbag to match a linen suit I am wearing to a Wedding today (pictures will taken and shared later in the week).

Also Lynn helped me with a few crafting techniques and armed me with some useful tips to help me improve my skills. I had such a great few days with Lynn and hope we can see each other very soon.

I have for a long time admired the card's Lynn creates that use different colored inks but could not seem to master this myself. But with a few pointers from my coz, here is my first go at using different inks and also using curved edges with my new corner punch (We-R memory keepers corner chomper)


I used my new set of  rubber stamps from papertreyink -this is the 'Garden of Life' set.

I am pleased with my first try at this and really enjoyed doing it. I have decided I am going to give this to my Aunt Mary who is celebrating her Birthday this week-this card is going to replace the card I had made for her as I am keen to show off my new skill!!


I will be entering this into the challenge at Inspired by. It was their inspiration photo below that gave me this idea-the tall green stems and the colours of the tulips on the left being the source of my inspiration. I will also enter this into the 'CAS flower' challenge at Cas-ual Friday (next week Lynn starts on the DT of this blog-so make sure to check it out!)



Well I have a wedding to go to in the rain! I will over the next week have some photos of Lynn's visit to share and some Wedding photos.
Thanks for stopping by x

5 comments:

  1. Oh...I am so pleased you already got to give your new stamps and corner rounder a go! It looks beautiful!! I'm sure Mary will love it!! So wonderful to see you last week...can't wait to do it again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card! Thank you for playing at Inspired By!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you've done with your new toys. I am envious of your CAS skills. Looks so easy when you do it. O why do I struggle so? Could it be I too need some new toys? Enjoy your wet wedding while I ponder on procuring more playthings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, I thought she would have a stash of goodies to bring you!! How fun! Can't wait to hear more about your visit! LOVE the colours on this sweet card and the rounded corners add that little "something, something." I have that corner rounder too and LOVE it :)

    ReplyDelete

//