Sunday 2 September 2012

Back to School time!

 Cas-ual Friday this week challenged us to make 'Back to School' cards. All over blogging land there seems to be 'back to school' challenges. I am not a Mum and so had not really thought about entering any of these until I saw Laurie's card here (and at the bottom of this post). Laurie's card inspired me to play along-Mum or no Mum! Also her card reminded me how much I wanted to use my new PTI text stamp and thought I would combine this with the digi blackboard 'thank-you' from Create with TLC

And for a bit of background...from a little girl I always wanted to be a teacher and would play with my blackboard, calling the register for hours. And yep I did become a teacher but only lasted 2 years. My dream job was not what I had imagined from being that bossy little girl!

Dreams don't always work out but I managed to draw on my experience of writing on blackboards to come up with this card:

I will be entering this into the 'Back to School' challenges at Cas-Ual Friday
Do You Stack Up
4 Crafty Chicks
Digi designs
And here is Laurie's card that inspired me:

IMG_7870_edited-1

13 comments:

  1. Sandie, this is absolutely fabulous! I love how the thank you pops out in red...so so clever!!!

    PS Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is so well done! I love the clever use of sentiment and text design! Thanks so much for joining the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to be a teacher since I was little too :) My first little chalkboard is still in Dad's house! Love the way the words are in all the letters :) So glad you are addicted to this challenge! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! Love how all the elements are text. Thanks for joining us at DYSU.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how the words, "Thank You" pop out in red! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever clogs! Love how thank you grabs you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for playing our Back to School challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love the word search on your card and nicely highlighter "Thank You" Love it. Thanks so much for joining us @ CAS-ual Fridays :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Completely awesome! Thanks so much for having a little fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely use of text! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY! Love it! Isn't it great when you're inspired by others to get supplies out and create! So fun! Thanks for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A brillian idea! Thanks for joining us at Di's digi challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. classy card, good luck and thanks for joining us at Di's Digi Downloads. Hugs Jess

    ReplyDelete

//