Tuesday 18 September 2012

More new crafting toys!

Hi crafting chums (how British!),

I have for a long time now only had a few ink pads and finally last week decided to buy a few more colours. Today I got inky with the orange 'tangelo' memento ink. Such a cool name I had to try this one out first. I also ordered the red 'love letter' ink really because Christmas is just around the corner and my Mum had been telling me how she liked the traditional Xmas colours and not the purples and blacks I have used so far for my Xmas cards. So the red ink is for Mum and she will get a very, very red (and probably green) Xmas card...........or shall I shock her with a contemporary bright pink and orange card??? Guess it depends on if I want my Xmas dinner or not!!

My card today is for the 'black, white and one other colour' challenge over on Cas-ual Friday and the 'less is more' challenge on Stamptacular Sunday.


It was a bit tricky cutting out the orange flowers but I like the way they overlap the black flowers and the edge of the white card.
I have embossed the white card with the PTI linen impression plate although it is hard to see from the photo. The flower stamp is also from PTI. The sentiment is from Paper Smooches

Have a good Tuesday and for you US bloggers, you are nearly had 'hump day' (that name is just so wrong!) x

8 comments:

  1. Sorry - we're sticking with "hump day" :) I'm sitting in the airport waiting for my next flight and staring at your gorgeous, gorgeous card! You are rocking the layering of your stamped images and the orange is stunning! Love, love, love it Sandie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply stunning, Sandie. Those Tangelo flowers are fab. I love layers, the overlapping and the sentiment. Ok, I'm mad about the card. AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandie, I saw you on Asha's blog and thought I'd pop over and see you and join your blog as a new member. Love your sweet card, the colours and flowers are stunning.
    I see you asked Asha re the heat embossing tool, you could use a hair dryer although it is not that strong re the heat...great tool to get though...luv aussie annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the orange and black great card thank you for joining us at stamptacular this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandie, this is so pretty and striking! Love the layered flowers and the orange, so energetic! Way to rock CAS :)
    Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty and elegant! Love the detailed flowers and they way they are stacked! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! We're so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy that you got some new inks to play, Sandie! I love the composition and colro combo. Your cutting is fabulous! I also like how you call us readers as "crafting chums"--just "brill" (now am I just getting a bit British?). So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card!! LOVE your flowers and the layout is wonderful:)!! Thanks so much for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays and sharing your creativity:)!!

    ReplyDelete

//