Saturday 1 September 2012

Time for a Play Date!

Yippee its the weekend and time for me to play along with the The Play Date Cafe colour combo challenge.

It is my Mother-in-Law's Birthday on Monday and we are off to have lunch with her tomorrow. I had already made her card but hubby came home yesterday with a bag of jewellery for his Mum. I decided in these times of austerity, rather than buy wrapping paper, I would decorate the shop bag to match the card I had made. All I needed to do was cover over the shop label with my own design.

So out came my PTI goodies and lots of ink, matched the colours to the Play date challenge-a bit different than the card colours but close enough!

I had a lot of fun with this and like how it turned out, especially next to the card. And naturally saving a bit of money can't be bad whilst playing!!

Here is the bag in the Play Date colours:


And here it is next to the card:


 I'm hoping MIL likes it-I know she will love the jewellery especially as her little boy picked it out for her!

Enjoy your weekend x

8 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch - I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-35_31.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh don't you just love those leaves...they look absolutely fabulous with the bright, cheery flowers! I'm sure Callum's mum will love it all! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for use on a bag, I'm sure she'll love it.

    xoxo, Kristen
    Visiting from PDCC#147
    Stop by and say hello!
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome giftie set! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous creations, thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant idea to up-cycle the bag. Simple is good. Must try it some day ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your fabulous gift bag. Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous bag (and card!). The mesh stamp looks so great with the flower--very pretty! Thanks for joining us at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete

//