Friday 14 September 2012

Warm Autumn Thoughts!

Yippee I hear you all say across the nations......Friday is finally here!

Time for relaxation and lots of warm, autumn thoughts for friends and family. Today is my sister's Birthday. So I have already given her this card but today I will send her warm thoughts via blog land!

My card today was inspired by Angeline's card for the Paper Smooches Sparks challenge. I loved her one layer take on the sketch and decided to give it a go.


I had a go at blending the inks to show the different colours that leaves go as Autumn moves on. I tried to do the same with the sentiment. I masked off the inked area with post-its and then sponged yellow ink to give the card a warmer feel. I had a lot of inky fun doing this and loved adding the red Paper Smooches dots under the sentiment as, without these, it just seemed too bare.

I am also going to enter this into the 'one layer card with foliage' challenge over on Less is More and the 'Fall' challenge on Scrapalicious USA

Have a good weekend and Happy Birthday Tina x

8 comments:

  1. Love the layout
    Terrific card
    Thanks very much
    Mandi
    LIM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously Sandie! Absolutely fabulous! The blending of inks and your colors choices are gorgeous. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!
    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/09/52-card-pickup-week-37.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your definitely nailed the sketch and your skills of blending the ink was amazing :) Thank you for sending me "love" and I am honored to find out how you got inspired by the card I made.

    Keep it up!

    xoxo,
    Angeline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers Sandie, my b'day card was gorgeous. And this one definitely has a warm feel about it. love Tina x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you blended the inks for the leaves and sentiment. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us for the Paper Smooches Sparks challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously gorgeous, my friend! Your blending technique is awesome. Looking forward to more masterpieces from you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OHHH! LOVE the blended inks!! And I LOVE the fall theme of this card!! FAB! THANKS for playing along with us and joining in the fun over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge:)

    ReplyDelete

//