Sunday 30 September 2012

London Days

Today my card is for the 'toot your own horn' challenge over on Cas-ual Friday. The idea is to create a card inspired by your blog header. I don't have the conventional blog header so decided to take the inspiration from my blog title-London Days.
As, this card is both inspired by my header and my CAS style, I will also enter it into the 'show your style' challenge on Hiding in the Craft room

I love living in London. So many things about this great city inspire me and now after the Olympics I couldn't be prouder to be a Londoner. So this challenge was a lot of fun for me. I had to go with the London Skyline and this is what I came up with:


I printed off a skyline image from the web and very carefully cut it out. Then I cut the front of the base card down and attached my image. I thought a 'thinking of you' sentiment would go perfectly as I could send this to a friend abroad or, if I am away, to a friend at home.......I am sure they will get the double meaning???
This is an interesting challenge and it is fun looking through how other crafters have been inspired by their own blog headers.
I am also going to enter this into the 'CAS' challenge on Dutch Dare challenge blog.

Happy Sunday x

20 comments:

  1. I can't believe you cut this out by hand! What a great job. Brilliant idea for your inspiration. Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. You cut this out by hand!!!! I'll stick to hand-stitching my cards, thank you very much!
    This is an incredibly stunning card, Sandie. It's so London, it's so YOU! I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Hopping out of my chair! This is SO AMAZING!! What a brilliant way to be inspired by your blog. The cutting of the skyline is incredible! Love that you play with us at CAS-ual Fridays too :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what fabulous inspiration! Wow, you fussy cut all that? You're amazing! I know that proud feeling after the Olympics...we felt the same way after 2010...it's a great feeling, despite the big bill! lOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!!Gorgeous card!!! Great design. Thanks for sharing with us @ CASual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you fussy cut that? It's incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy crow! This is awesome! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now THAT is truly fussy cutting! Wow, awesome!! I'm so glad you tooted your horn for us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! I am blown away knowing that you hand cut this. What a phenomenal job! Thanks for joining us over at Hiding in My Craft Room!
    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really stunning! Thanks for sharing your CAS-creation with us at Dutch Dare Card Challenges!
    Chantal

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card! Thank you for joining us this week at HIMCR!!

    ~Jenn~

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely CREATIVE, Sandie! Like you, I love London (you can see my visit of London back in May 2010) and your card is so original! I love the London Eye and enjoyed every minute of it! Thanks for the fond memories through your card and blog header! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card
    Thank you for joining us this time at Dutch Dare
    Love Jan
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice card!! Thanks for joining us at HIMCR!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing card..... I take my hat off to you for all that patient cutting you did, simply wonderful :0)
    Thanks for joining in the fun at CASual Fridays this week :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

//