Friday 7 September 2012

Thanks

At last its Friday and time to kick back and chill.

We are off to the Para-Olympics tomorrow to see the seated volleyball. I am so excited. We plan to get the river boat from the London Eye to the Excel Centre then the new cable car across the Thames to get back. I have my London 2012 T-Shirt ready to wear and intend buying a Para-Olympic sweatshirt whilst I am there. I will post some photos next week.

I was looking through some notelets that my cousin Lynn gave to me when she came to visit this year. I loved this one notelet that had a variety of stamps on it and I remember her telling me the principles of how to make a card like this (stamp the biggest image first etc). Her advice, at the time, was to try stamping simple things first until I got more comfortable with stamping and then try something more complicated.  I have been trying over the last few months to stamp more and so decided today was the today to step out of my comfort zone.

I saw this picture on Inspired by Stamping and loved the sunflowers combined with the blue so used this as my inspiration to enter thier colour combo challenge. I also decided to enter the 'Thanks' challenge at A Passion for Papertrey as I knew that I wanted to use my new leaf PTI stamps for this card.

IBSIC #25

I decided to go all the way and use 3 sets of PTI ('turning leaves', 'grunge me' and a 'garden of life' stamps and came up with this:


I had a lot of fun doing this and I just love the little blue birds that seem to give movement to the whole card.

Have a great weekend x

5 comments:

  1. Sandie, I love this! The colros are fabulous...stamping is perfect! The birds look like they are flying off the page and the ribbon and sweet little banner pull it all together wonderfully! Well done!!

    And...I can't wait to hear about the para-olympics. I'm sure it will be incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/09/52-card-pickup-week-36.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 sets of PTI stamps?! wooo! That's pretty wild! LOL! The colours are fab. And those birds make the card extra special. Everything is so well put together. Well done, Sandie!

    p.s. and look at that perfect green bow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FAbulous handmade patterned paper! I too like the way those birds give movement to the card. My eye goes first to the leaves, then the flowers, and then the birds. Very cool. THanks for playing with us at IBSIC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your patterned paper! this is just so beautiful with your rich colors! Thanks for joining us at IBSIC! Hope you enjoyed the Olympics! How inspiring! Hugs, Joanna

    ReplyDelete

//