Wednesday 14 August 2013

Addicted to Stamps and More #58

Time for our new challenge at Addicted To Stamps and More. This week is our colour challenge but with a little twist! Our twist being that if you use an image from our fabulous sponsor Nicecrane Designs you don't need to follow the colours. On our blog you will find a freebie from Nicecrane Designs or check out the store here.

Our Colours this week are:


I do like these colours but thought I would go with a background set of images I have from Nicerane Designs called Stunning Nature. And here is my card:


I re-sized this image and printed it out on plain white card. I covered it in acetate and added some glossy accents where there are raindrops on the picture. Then used an embossed card base to place the image. It was so hard to photograph it so you could see how cool the raindrops look IRL. This was something different for me and a bit of an experiment but I loved how it turned out. I sent it to my Mum and Dad as a thank you for everything they do for me. And they told me they thought it was gorgeous (still, I guess they would!)

I really do love this set of images and have another card using these to share with you in a few weeks. Our DT have some really great projects to inspire you this week. Take a look at these here then join in the fun.

Here is the image set:

Stunning Nature

13 comments:

  1. Oh wow Sandie - what a very nice job you've done with this colored image. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandie, your mum and dad were right, this card is absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandie. Really beautiful image and I love your raindrops. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandie. Love your card. it is a set of images I have my eye on, they are just stunning. Love the way you used acetate and glossy accents, it really gives it a dewy summer morning feel. Hugs Monika xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woww,wowwwww Sandie,,,,waht a very creative idea to add these raindrops.Thanks for using my Stunning Nature Sheet, my friend,,,,,,,,,,,.You are Rock.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just super stunning, my friend! These lush green colours are everywhere here in the tropics. We are enjoying the holiday but the jet lag is something else! LOL
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, Sandie your card is stunning, and I love the raindrop

    Bev :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really something different from your usual style! I love how this card turned out, with The beautiful colors of the photo, the textured effect of the paper and the genius detail of glossy accent to the raindrops!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the glossy accents, Sandie - I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/08/52-card-pickup-233.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, Sandie! I'm hopping in our ATSM DT blogs, I have not had time to check this week's cards before today. I just love cards with nature-images, I think they are one of my favorites! The raindrops must look amazing IRL -what a fun, personal and creative idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous image and colours, Sandie and I love the raindrops. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sandie. Beautiful card. Love how you have added the glossy accents. Fab idea to cover it with acetate. I am sure it will be treasured for ever.
    Hugs, Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE this card, Sandie. Those raindrops look so real!!! The nature sheet is a beauty!! xx

    ReplyDelete

//