Sunday 25 August 2013

Muse #31 and Colouring Flowers!

Today my card was inspired by Marion's at the Muse Club. I loved how Marion had used masking and stamping to create the floral image and used these ideas to create my own interpretation of this:

(hover over the picture and click on on the pin to save to pinterest)


I have coloured the middle flower using copics. I have tried to blend the colours as instructed and encouraged by my blogging friend Nonni. I am slowly getting a bit better with this technique but lots of practice needed! I really wanted this flower to stand out so I raised it on foam pads to give it dimension. The background flowers have just been masked and stamped off to give the faded look. 

And here is Marion's card that inspired me to get colouring!

Smile


6 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo Sandie! Fabulous job with coloring, I hope you had a good time! I love this technique where the base has non-colored images and then one colored image for focal point: Stunning card! Your shading looks lovely, perfect blending, well done girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this card Sandie! The one flowered colored looks fantastic as the focal point!!! BEAUTIFUL! Have a wonderful day today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The placement of the flowers is pure perfection Sandie. I love how you colored the one middle flower for dimension. It is perfectly lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandie. Beautifully designed card ... and beautifully colored. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a pretty card - love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one's also very beautiful, Sandie! Love how one flower adds a little color and dimension to this card!

    ReplyDelete

//