Tuesday 20 August 2013

I Miss You!

I am popping in quickly to share with you a card I have just made for the 'Paper' Challenge at Casology. I have missed playing this challenge for a few weeks as I just couldn't get the right idea for any of the code words. But as soon as I saw this week's 'paper' I had an idea and off I went to create this card:




I heat embossed this vintage typewriter and had fun teaming it up with my new 'tech talk' stamps from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps. I have had fun with this set of stamps cutting them to create my own words out of the various stamps-all it takes it a bit of imagination and a good pair of craft scissors!! I decided to pop the techy 'u' on a strip of the kraft card to give added dimension.

I used a craft knife to cut a slit in the top of the typewriter so I could slip in my stamped note paper. I love the way this turned out-vintage mixed with our modern techy world!

See you tomorrow for my very British card for our next challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More


12 comments:

  1. What a super card, Sandie! I love how you've combined this vintage image with a modern CAS card and the addition of the papers is really fun. You are a real Fusionista! I just made the word up -or so I at least let myself believe before I see somebody else has used it before me lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab card. Love how the white paper pops against the Kraft. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolute perfection in my book. I love the paper coming out of the typewriter. Perfect. Isn't it just awesome to get inky!!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks matchbook style. pretty cool! Love the distressed color paper, so vintagey! Cool mix of tech key and vintage !!!

    Thanks for playing with CASology this week!!
    -Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Genius! I love the paper popping out of that cool typewriter and the sentiment is perfect! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that image Sandie and the paper coming out of the typewriter is a great use of this week's cue. Thank you for joining us at this week CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GASP! Dang, Sandie. This is totally in my list of top ten cards for 2013!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your take on this week's cue card! Awesome CAS card...love the texture on your cardstock with this antique typewriter...very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhh, I REALLY like this, I have a typewriter stamp from MFT that I adore but I haven't thought of slipping in some "real" paper.... I must give it a go.

    Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is clever! Love the vintage feel of it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, wow, I love this card! The kraft and black are perfect together and the white paper just pops! Awesome! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, this is just much too creative! The paper coming out of the typewriter just makes me smile! I haven't used a real typewriter in years, but it would be fun! :)
    Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete

//