Friday 16 August 2013

Tech Talk!

Today I have been playing with a new stamp set that my cousin Lynn gave me as a pressie when she recently came to visit me here in London. Lynn is one of the fab DT Girl Fridays for Cas-ual Friday Stamps and this tech talk stamp set from Cas-ual Fridays is one Lynn knew I wanted. What a lovely surprise for me!!

So today I have had fun playing with this to make this card:


I had been wanting to make a card for the challenge this week at OLW, to be inspired by pinterest-like we really need another excuse to spend hours on pinterest!! And yesterday I was browsing for some inspiration to make a 'new home' card and came across this picture:

Computer Keyboard Welcome Doormat
This got me thinking about my new stamp set and then today I saw the colours of this weeks Cas-ual Fridays challenge-orange, aqua and green-and decided to use my orange and blue heat embossing powders for this CAS one layer card. I went with a 'oops I'm sorry' card as I expect we all need these at some point. And as hubby is a techy I thought I would keep this in my stash for him!!

I made a second version of this card with a smiley face from a Fresh Squeezed Stamp set. I think I like the first one best....what about you??


I am also going to enter this into the 'new stamps' challenge at Alphabet Challenges

Do come back tomorrow to see my next card using the tech talk set and enjoy the rest of your Friday x


7 comments:

  1. What a clever way to spell out the greeting! If I had to choose, I'd go with the the first version.... keeping everything CAS and tidy and orderly...ok, I'm a neat-freak!
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. a very clever and cool card!


    thank you so much for playing along with us at ruby's rainbow challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these are cute cute cute! I really like the color of the card base with blue and orange. Maybe the first one is more stylish and CAS but I love the smiley face, it's so adorable... I might choose that card for my favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Sandie...the colored embossing against the kraft is perfect. So glad you are enjoying your new goodies! I'm with you...first one is my favorite! Clean and crisp! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did I miss that Lynn is your cousin! Wow, talent runs in your family like a RIVER! This is a fab OLW card, thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card and what a great stamp set! I love your colours too!

    Thank you for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge Blog!

    Sheena
    xxx

    PS I have some blog candy up for grabs on my blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool stamp set! Lucky you!
    Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge Blog.
    Roxx.T

    ReplyDelete

//