Sunday 18 August 2013

Lemon Zest Chevrons.

Happy Sunday my friends,

Hope you are all having a fun Sunday. I am here to share with you my card for Jackie's Pantone Colour challenge. By taking part in this challenge you could win a custom designed blog header by Jackie. Check out the details here.
Today I have made a card for the 'Lemon Zest' challenge and decided I would case the card Jackie made for this challenge.

Here is my case using water colour paints directly onto PTI chevron stamps.


This is a fun technique to try. You really feel like you are painting and it is very relaxing. I followed the same layout as Jackie and just changed the stripes to 3 lines of different sized chevrons and repeated this 3 times. I added these cute little butterflies with the gems. I like the kinda messy, arty feel to the final look. I managed to find some lemon card in my stash for the base.
I am also going to enter this into a new to me, challenge site, I came across Keep it Simple. They are having a chevron challenge. And the twine challenge at Drunken Stampers

And here is Jackie's card:

13 comments:

  1. I am sitting outside on a gorgeous Sunday waiting for Olivia to compete in her horse competition. Your card is so happy and cheery. I love the yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandie I'm so flattered that you cased my card. I really love how your painterly chevron stripes turned out! Adding the sweet little butterflies looks so whimsical. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love chevrons... Your watercolor technique turned out great. I also like the black frame, black is always so dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandie. LOVE the bright yellow chevrons. So happy and cheerful ... especially with the sweet little butterflies! :) Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a bright and sunny card! Lovely!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at KEEP IT SIMPLE!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh BEAUTIFUL colors and great card! Thanks for playing along with us in the Drunken Stampers Lounge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sunshine feel of your card- so bright and happy! The chevrons with the butterflies work so nicely together! Thanks for joining the fun with the Drunken Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The little black, blinged butterflies on the bright yellow chevrons are perfect! So is the way the twine separates the sentiment border from the main panel. Thanks for joining us at Drunken Stampers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is bright and happy! The artsy paint over the stamped lines adds a nice effect. Thanks for playing along at Drunken Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so zesty and cool! I like how you left a white border on the left side of your card to put your sentiment and the twine. A great CASE and a great design!

    ReplyDelete

  11. What a gorgeous creation thank you for playing along with us at Drunken Stamper this week
    Jacki xx
    http://scullduggery-cardsbyjacki.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://punkyougirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhhhhhhh I love your card!! Three of my favourite things, twine, yellow and chevrons! Thanks for playing along with the Drunken Stampers this week for the twine challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card just make me smile, it's so warm and happy. thanks for playing along with the Drunken Stampers for the Thing/twine challenge

    ReplyDelete

//