Sunday 11 August 2013

You're Great!

Happy chilled Sunday my friends,

My card today is for my very dear Uncle Tony. I realised it his Birthday this week and didn't think any of the cards in my stash really suited him. I wanted to have a card with a sweet sentiment on the front as he really is great and I don't tell him enough.

So here is the card I must get in the post today!


This card was initially inspired by the challenge at Fusion. It was the sweet sentiment on the front of the picture that got me thinking but I didn't a stamp the shape I wanted. I decided to use the wood frame, the bright colours of the green and purple flowers as inspiration and this turned into a kraft base and the colours of the checked stamp and green card stock lines. Very different than my initial idea but I guess this is how inspiration works.
I got the layout from Seize the Sketch doing my own CAS version.

I will also enter this into the new challenge The Male Room and the kraft challenge at Sweet Stampin' Challenge

Here is the Fusion inspiration:                And the Seize the Sketch layout:

              

15 comments:

  1. Sandie, I love how you combine both challenge. The mix/match of patterns is perfect. I'm sure Tony is going to love this. He really is great! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool and perfect for a guy! Really fun stamping and colors! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great card for a grown-up man - great choice of colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your Uncle likes it, it's very crisp, a great man card. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandie. Fabulous card for your Uncle. Love the diagonal strips and the simple sentiment. Perfect! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. great card! simple yet effective! thanks for joining in at sweet stampin this week! good luck
    Kirsty x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun is this!!! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this CAS design! Thanks for playing along that the Sweet Stampin' Challenge & good luck!
    'Shell
    http://shellscardhaven.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is definitely a big boy's card. I'm sure your Uncle Troy will love it. Counting the hours now, my friend!
    hugs,


    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sandie - great to see you in The Male Room this week - thanks so much for joining in - your card is lovely - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. VERY COOL design! The bright green strips really pop against the warmer colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah...I'm sure your uncle will appreciate this! It's a great card! Thanks so much for joining us with it at FUSION!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for showing us your lovely card at Sweet Stampin' this week. Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
  14. awesome combo of challenges! Thanks for joining us at Fusion & Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cool card Sandy! So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION, hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete

//