Tuesday 13 August 2013

Retail Therapy!

We all love a bit of retail therapy and my niece Chloe is no exception. It is her Birthday in a few weeks so my card today is for her.

I made myself the challenge this week of getting out my new copic markers to practice some colouring skills. My blogging friend Nonni has been advising me on colouring techniques etc and I finally got down to having a play. I was mainly focused on trying to get the hair blending and skin tones right. This was my 4th attempt but I have to say, although colouring is not my favourite kind of card making, it is relaxing and quite fun to try something new.

I am hoping Nonni has some feedback for me (hint, hint Nonni!!)


I still had to go with a CAS basic design. I just couldn't bring myself to add lots of embellishments and DSP! I like the clean look of it and I really would love those boots. Colouring does time but really does have a calming effect.

I am going to enter this into the following challenges:

MilkCoffee Challenge-show your colouring skills (this is my second entry, the first one being pre-my new copics!)
MarkerPOP blog-anything goes

Have a great day x 

7 comments:

  1. Ahhh. Chloe will absolutely love this. The coloring is amazing. I admit to Copics intimidating me!! Your card is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card!! I think there's no reason why one should use a lot of embellies and designer paper when using hand-colored images, CAS look works perfectly as well! I especially like how you've made the heals of the boots darker than the "leather parts" and I love your color choices: it has a soothing (and more CAS) effect when the hair and boots are similar colors and not completely different browns for example. The shading in her hair looks great -just keep playing with your markers and you'll begin to feel confident! Great start! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with your coloring Sandie. Fabulous image (and sounds like perfect for Chloe) ... keeping it CAS really lets the image be the focal point. That's what I love about CAS cards ... one focal point. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job!! I really like the hair Sandie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully coloured, my friend. I think you've got it sussed! Well done!
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab colouring Sandie, and I'm sure your niece will love it

    Bev :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm no coloring expert and I find coloring real challenging, but also very relaxing and fun! Enjoy experimenting with your new markers and keep those fab CAS cards coming:)

    ReplyDelete

//