Saturday 31 August 2013

Inkspirational #35

Its time for our sketch challenge at Inkspirational. And here it is the sketch we hope will inspire you to get inky:


I decided to go for a Xmas card this week. Sitting on my craft table I had some emerald coloured material that I found in my stash. It has been there for over a week as I knew I wanted to use it for Jackie's Pantone Colour Challenge but just hadn't decided what to do with it. When I saw this sketch I suddenly knew I would die cut some baubles out of this material. If you look closely you will see it is a really thin mesh material that has gold threading through it-perfect for Xmas!

(hover over the picture and click on on the pin to save to pinterest

I have popped the middle bauble up on a foam pad to give dimension and used the 'oh gosh by golly, it's time for mistletoe and holly' sentiment stamp from CAS-ual Friday stamps to represent the thread to hang the baubles.
This month eclectic anthology are our sponsors and before you go don't forget to take a peek here at the fabulous projects the rest of our DT made earlier this week to inspire you.

Have fun and enjoy your weekend x

15 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I love that material Sandie! The words as string is very clever too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That material with the glisten-y thread running through it is so festive, Sandie, and a perfect Christmassy colour ... love how you've 'hung' the baubles with sentiments! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in LOVE with the way you interpreted this sketch. The baubles are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever, clever girl! A fabulous, unique take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colour - really original interpretation - I also love the word strings. Marina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your ability to give your own personal twist to sketches - very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, way to use the thin mesh, Sandie! I love your composition and use of sketch! I also like how you used the sentiment :) So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fab card Sandie, and I love that you used words to hang the baubles, very different

    Bev :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Decorations hanging from text? Great idea! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous take on the sketch Sandie - amazing job! I love that festive sparkly fabric, perfect to use to die cut ornaments! A really wonderful card! Hope you're well my dear! {{{{hugs}}}] Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sandie your take on the sketch is gorgeous! Very creative use of text!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That material is gorgeous and so perfect for Christmas ornaments! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE the fun texture of this card, Sandie!!! And the green you chose is awesome! HUGS and have a great rest of the week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sandie, I saw your card at Inkspirational and thought I leave you some love as you suggested.... I am glad I did - lovely cards. Great idea to hand to ornament onto the sentiment!
    Have a great weekend, Cornelia

    ReplyDelete

//