Sunday 12 May 2013

Be Strong!

Happy and a chilled Sunday to you all,

Yesterday I got some new stamps from Fresh Squeezed Stamps and was so excited to get playing! But Saturday hubby and I have a ritual of a chilled morning in our local cafe. So after we had our fill of caffeine and gossip we both came back to a respective hobbies.....me getting inky with my new stamps while he produced his music on the other side of our creative space (our spare bedroom!!).

My card today was inspired firstly by the picture below at For Your Inspiration. I had lots of ideas for this but the grey stones kept popping into my head and the strength of the lighthouse against the environmental elements, so this is what I went with. Then I saw the sketch below at CAS(E) this Sketch, loved it and wanted to create something for it. And what to you know, my new stamps provided the final piece of inspiration I needed to combine these challenges. I am also going to enter this into the CAS challenge at Sweet Stampin'

And here is what I came up with:





             

Enjoy your Sunday my friends x

17 comments:

  1. Love the graphic look of your card and the zingy punch of pink. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for new stamps! I love how the sentiment is off set. It's gorgeous here...off for a run in just a bit. Having my mum over tonight for Mother's Day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun take from the photo - Thanks for joining in at FYI

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful, graphic card in great colours! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card - love your colors! Thanks for playing at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely take on the inspiration photo. Your card is very pretty. So glad you joined us at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I almost made a similar card with a Polaroid image and the sentiment off to the side! Love the colors you chose, too. Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card.

    Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin' this week.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your fabulous graphic card, Sandie, especially that pop of pink! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous card. Looks amazing
    Many thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week
    Doreen xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that pink black combo....amazing, indeed!
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super fun. I love the blocks of color and that pink is AWESOME! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome card with colors and shapes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your interpretation of the photo. Love those graphic stamps. Thanks for joining us at FYI.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A great way to be inspired by the photo! LOVE the fabulous pop of pink and the wonderful sentiment! Thanks for joining us at FYI! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the sentiment, pretty CAS card.

    Thank you for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card, Sandie! I love the the way you interpreted the inspiration photo! Thanks for playing along at For Your Inspiration!

    PS glad you got your card ((hugs)) :)

    ReplyDelete

//