Saturday 4 May 2013

Inkspirational #18

I am here with my 'end of week encouragement' card for challenge #18 at Inkspirational. If you haven't played along yet, you still have a few more days. We have this colour combo for you this week:


You know I love purple and mixed with green is a combo that sits well with me but then add peach and I am a bit stumped! But I did find some peach paper in my stash and used this as backing and now I think it really is a funky colour combo. Sometimes it is good when these challenges push you out of your comfort zone!


I went for a small square card and used the SU delicate doilies set. These have been heat embossed with purple ink and clear embossing powder. I have popped one up for a bit of dimension. I decided not to add a sentiment and just stamp off the right hand corners with a peach ink doily.

I have ended up with a card that I really like and know exactly who this is for!

Tammy of Creatively Me is sponsoring us this month and offering a our monthly winner all these fabulous goodies:



Our DT have some great projects to share with you so take a peek here and then get inky!

11 comments:

  1. Sandie,
    I love those doilies...they are so delicate and gorgeous! Hope you and Callum are having a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Sandie! Your stamping is great. I especially like the faded stamp on the corners. It is a card for all occasions!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Sandie! This is fabulous--LOVE the amazing bold shades you used and the doily images are wonderful! HUGS and hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE Delicate Doilies - isn't it such a great set? Your colours are so bright and bold! Great card xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fab card Sandie. I also love this colour combo, and it always reminds me of Wimbledon.

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is truly lovely. I've been trying to play with these colours but I'm just not getting the right peach to join the rest of the fruity bunch. You've done a fabby job. Some things are best left to the experts, eh?!
    xxx Asha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wouldn't have used those colors together either, but love the look of your card--elegant & hip all at once!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous use of the colours, Sandie. Love those doilies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great doilies - kind of remind me of Spyrograph ( if you know what that was). I love the lively effect you've created. Marina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funky and very cool colours, Sandie ... those delicate doilies are delicious! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glorious colours Sandie, and a wonderful card design. Love the doilies!

    Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment - hugs, Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete

//