Thursday 30 May 2013

CAS-Colour and Sketches #27

Happy Friday Eve,

Today I have my card for our 'double' challenge at CAS-Colour and Skecthes. That means we have both a colour combo and a sketch for you. The challenge is to combine both of these to create a CAS card.
Here are the colours and the sketch:

                          



I thought long and hard about this and to be honest thought I wouldn't come up with an idea but then a new set of stamps arrived and an idea just popped into my head:



This sentiment is from the Fresh Squeezed Stamps and I just inked it up in black and red. I added the 2 bigger stars, inked off in the green and grey colours. To finish my card I used a star embossing folder to give me the line at the bottom and to balance the whole card I added two simple score lines at the top.
I am actually really happy with how this turned out especially after the hours of not getting an idea!

I am sending this to a friend I went to school with but I rarely see. She is one of those friend that you know is, and, will be there always.

Now pop over to our bog here and check OUT the cards ouR DT have made to inspire you to play along.

I will also enter this into the 'focus on the sentiment challenge' at Lexi's Creations and the CAS challenge at Stamps and Fun=Creativity and the 'Use Sentiments' challenge at Crazy Challenge

Enjoy!

12 comments:

  1. I'm sure your friend will really appreciate this fabulous sentiment. I love how you CASified the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sentiment! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenges.
    /Pillan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever take on the sketch Sandie! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful sentiment! Love the layout and the placement of the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you've showcased this wonderful sentiment, Sandie ... the two colours are beautifully bold and the stars are perfectly placed! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful, Sandie! I love how new stamps always come at just the right time and spark that creativity fuse!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous CAS card! Thanks for sharing with us at The Crazy Challenge and hope to see you again for our challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like cards with sentiments only, and this card has a nice clean feel to it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Love the Sentiment!
    Thanks for joining us St SFC!
    Hugs Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  10. A Fab CAS card, and the sentiment is beautiful

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderfull work - I love it!
    Thanks a lot for playing with us at SFC-Challenges,
    hugs Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fabby card, gorgeous colours and a perfect sentiment for a special friend! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations this time & good luck!
    Hugs Jo x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

//