Saturday 11 May 2013

Inkspirational #19


Happy Saturday fellow stampers,

Its a new challenge at Inkspirational and this week we have a photo to inspire you:


When I saw this I immediately wanted to stamp balloons but after playing around for quite a few days with this idea I had to walk away and forget about this as it really wasn't working for me! I hoped that another idea would pop into my head. And after a few days I was looking outside watching a plane fly into the sunset and I knew what I wanted to do.........use the colours of the balloon to represent the sunset and instead of balloons in the sky I would have birds (I thought this was more romantic than a plane!).
And here is what I came up with:


I used distress ink to make my sunset after masking off the area. I have scored the top and the bottom although you can't see this too well in the photo.

I do love photo challenges as it interests me where your inspirations takes you. I started off with balloons then ended up using the colours and the flying aspect of the photo. I am looking forward to seeing what this photo inspires you to make and would love to hear how you got there.
Pop over to our blog here and see what fab projects our DT were inspired to make.
And then get stamping and remember this month our winner will get all these goodies from Tammy of Creatively Me


I am also entering this into the 'Anything that Flies' challenges at Make My Monday and the 'birds' challenge at Crazy Amigo Challenges
Have fun x

8 comments:

  1. Sandie, your masking and the inking is gorgeous! I absolutely love the color palette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card has such a great peaceful feel to it, it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful effect in your sponging! LOVE the soft feel of this--I agree that it's peaceful! ;) HUGS and have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sunset is really beautiful and the birds create a serene scene. Love this! Marina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous job Sandie! I first wanted to go with the colours but that wasn't working for me so I went with balloons - the colours angle totally worked for you! The 'relax' is the perfect sentiment to go with the tranquil sunset and birds!
    Hope you're enjoying a fab weekend! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely calm card, thanks for joining us at Make My Monday this week,
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A super card, the silhouetted birds in the sunset, gorgeous stamping. Thanks for sharing with us at MMM. Caz Dt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finally...I'm catching up. Sorry for being slack. Past few days have been a nightmare...unlike your card...so calm and serene!
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete

//