Thursday 16 May 2013

CAS-Colour and Sketches

Happy Friday Eve to all,

Today is not only a new colour combo challenge at CAS-Colour and Sketches but also my Birthday! Yes, one year older but some how I just don't seem to get one year wiser!! I will be celebrating with a meal tonight with my hubby and then on Saturday we are off to theatre to continue with the celebrations. And guess what I have got for my pressie?? Yes, you got it....crafting goodies and more crafting goodies!

And back to our challenge. This week the combo is:


I found some coral card stock and then did some masking and sponging with distress ink to make my card. The green is too dark and I did try to lighten it by sponging it with a coral ink but it still didn't make it as light as I wanted. So remember, you just need to get colours as close as you can to our combo and not to worry too much if the shade is not quite right......take my card as an example! I tried my first go at doodling around the edge with a promaker pen and also spritzed the sponged area to give the watermark effect-another first!




Our DT have some made some wonderful cards using this combo so take a peek here and then visit their blogs  and leave them some loving comments.
I will also be entering this into the CAS challenge at Totally Paper Crafts and the Flowers challenge at Love to Create

9 comments:

  1. Love your sponged panel Sandie and the spritzing really does look good.
    Hope you have a lovely birthday - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy happy birthday to my dear cousin Sandie! I hope you have an absolutely perfect day with lots of spoiling! I love the masking..so subtle yet so bold. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandie
    A little birdie told me it is your Birthday. Have a good one! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birtday, Sandie! Great take on the color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card, Sandie! I love the sponging and faux-stitch outline!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sandie! (I'm sorry that I missed the date)and I hope you had lots of crafting goodies.

    You've made a great card, and I love how you made the central panel

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely central panel, love the spritzed effect and the stamping. The faux stitching makes a perfect frame. Hope you had a lovely birthday, blogland friend!!

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic card, love the simplicity and your stamping is fab!

    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this week at Love to Create.
    Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

    Hugs Mian
    Love to Create Design Team Member
    http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome CAS card!!! Thanks for participating in our LOVE TO CREATE challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!

    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete

//