Friday 17 May 2013

Muse #17



Happy Friday,
The weekend is nearly here and this week I am pleased to say that I had chance to play along at the Muse Club. I missed out last week so I was really happy to say when I saw Therese's card this week an idea came to me immediately and eventually I got around to making my card!
It was the layer of 3 elephants that got me thinking about doing some shaded stamping with my set of stamps from Fresh Squeezed Stamps. I wanted to layer the cityscape so it looked like lines of buildings in a city. To do this I just stamped off the second layer using the same black ink as the first one and my third layer is 'London Fog' memento ink-kinda apt for my cityscape as you can guess it was London I was thinking of when I did this!
I just wanted to keep it all CAS and in these classic colours to reflect how I feel a city should be!

Very different from Therese's card but it was the layered elephants that gave me this idea!!


I am also going to enter this into the 'keep it simple' challenge at Crafty Creations
Have a fun weekend and before I leave her is Therese's card:


16 comments:

  1. Oh yes! I like this card! Hope you had a great day yesterday. Mine's on its way....pony express. Big hug, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandie this is a great atmospheric card, and I love your use of the red gems to bring it all together.

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so clever. I love this take on the inspiration. The touch of gems on the skyline is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you built a whole city with this stamp - I must try that "second stamping without re-inking" technique! The red accents really add the perfect amount of color to this b&w design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great card - the red is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the depth you've achieved in your urban take on this week's Muse! Thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely brilliant creation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, this is so totally clever and perfectly stamped, I adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great take on the inspiration! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is such a cool take on the challenge this week - I love it - hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic card hun and thank you for popping by mine and leaving such a sweet comment on my challenge card recently...means a lot!!
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea and it looks fabulous too

    ReplyDelete
  13. fabulous design! i love the skyline stamped off like this. awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what an amazing cityscape, Sandie ... the stamped off layers add such depth and dimension! Fabulous red bling! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an utterly creative stamped design, Sandie! I love the shading of the cityscape!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's an amazing card, so stylish ans clever too!

    ReplyDelete

//